Water bottles are a common thing for everyone to have in their daily life, but most people do not know how much work goes into making those bottles and the toxic chemicals they create in production. Water bottles are made of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) for short. In the production process, PET is first polymerized into long molecular chains, which creates to byproducts, diethylene glycol and acetaldehyde. Diethylene glycol is a poisonous, colorless, odorless liquid. Ingesting this poison can lead to vomiting, pain, kidney failure, and abdominal pain. If enough is ingested, it can lead to death. Acetaldehyde is a non-posionous chemical compound. Once the plastic is polymerized, it is then molded, and set and then ready for transportation. The United States drinks 1500 water bottles per second, and out of the 50 billion water bottles, 80% of them end up in landfills. Water Bottles are less environment friendly than tap water, which is why people have started widespread use of reusable water bottles and water filtration system in their homes. Once people have finished their bottle, most through it in the trash can, although it can be recycled. Although recycling is not a cure to the problem, it can considerably help the cause. Producing bottled water requires 5.6-10.2 million joules of energy per liter that is created. That is 2,000 times the amount of energy is requires to make tap water. Water bottles are useful, and are used daily almost everywhere, but they are not the most environment friendly choice when it comes to drinking water.